Website BLACKWOOD OF DC
BLACKWOOD OF DC
Blackwood of DC Estimator Position
Blackwood of DC, a leader in the Concrete Industry, is seeking a highly performing experienced Concrete Estimator to join our team located in NW Washington DC. Blackwood is Certified Business Enterprise performing Site and Vertical Structural Concrete construction work within DC, MD, and VA markets. Blackwood focus is on developing innovative high-performance teams providing highest of quality projects and service for our clients. Concrete projects can range from $100K to $30MM specializing in complex structures. Project types include Senior Housing, Health Care, Data Centers, Education, Museums, Historical, Multi-Use, Embassy, Wastewater Treatment, and Government Facilities.
The estimator will participate in all aspects of the estimating process, working in The Right Environment, developing a complete estimate for budgets from Schematic Design, Design Developments, through bidding of Construction Documents. The Concrete estimator will also perform quantity take off’s utilizing On Screen Take Off, review specifications, coordinate GC and concrete scope of work, develop estimating schedule with leadership collaboration, and pricing.
- Quantity Take-Off for concrete scope of work.
- Communicates with General Contractor to clarify scope of work, schedule requirements, materials, and clarifications to the documents.
- Prepares contractual exhibits to the scope of work.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients and vendors to obtain competitive bids.
- Transfer OST quantity take-off to estimating template.
- Updates clients Scope of Work and Bid Form.
- Updates Blackwood proposal with qualifications and assumptions.
- Develop initial estimating schedule and collaborate with senior leadership.
- Develop estimates and collaborate with senior leadership.
- Maintains current with industry technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction or engineering or 3-5 years of equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of estimating concrete work using technologies such as OST, BIM related software, MC2 or Plan Swift.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Communication skills.
- Analytical and math skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Blackwood is 100% Employee Owned and proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer protected by federal, state, or local law.
The salary range for this position is: $88,000-$145,000. Compensation offered may vary based on experience and qualifications.